The Good Republican
The Missouri Republican Party claims Jim Evans is not their unspecified definition of a Republican. I believe that I might be "more Republican" than those making that claim. Let them clearly state their definition of "Republican" for comparison.
To me the “Good Republican:”
· Exhibits upstanding moral character by practicing stewardship, generosity, kindness, and honesty
· Lives the Christian principles of helping the least among us, welcoming strangers, and looking after the sick
· Believes lust for wealth, cheating, and deception are sins
· Is an advocate for civil liberty and individual rights - never passes judgment
· Respects the Constitution, rule-of-law, the sovereignty of other nations, and is weary of the military-industrial complex
· Fights for wages, benefits, and safety for the working person
· Protects small family businesses against the unfair practices of giant transnational corporations
· Is a fiscal hawk who seeks to eliminate both budget and trade deficits with fair and balanced economic growth-oriented policy
· Seeks to eliminate waste and fraud while implementing the most efficient and effective programs
· Works with others to find consensus-based fact-driven solutions that build unity while helping all Americans
· Acts to protect Americans from all kinds of violence and insure Americans’ safety, and security
· Understands both the human and economic necessity of quality, accessible healthcare and education.